Friday, August 4, 2017

Texas Mexico Border Ministries and Jordan!

Some months ago, we had the opportunity to travel to our Texas Mexico Border Ministries located in McAllen, Texas. While there, we had the opportunity to lead a growing number of missionaries from WGM in a Ministry Match Seminar to explore how to use their spiritual giftedness and personality profile to assist in the education ministry at Taylor Christian School and/or sports ministry outreach to the community. God is up to something really exciting on the Texas Mexican Border and we have strong reason to agree. We have seen a number of missionaries called to serve and to work in education and sports ministry outreach. It is very exciting.

We have a heart for this area of the world. Some of you may recall that we began our married lives 32 years ago by serving in this area of the world. Our daughter Jessica and oldest son Joshua were born on the mission field in Laredo, Texas and we know that God is concerned for these people on the border, still today.

We are very excited to announce to you that our youngest son Jordan will be returning to missionary service and will be going to McAllen, Texas with World Gospel Mission to serve for the next year as a Volunteer in Action (VIA). We ask that you would consider joining his prayer team or his team of supporters to help with this vital sports ministry outreach. 

Here is Jordan newsletter:


Dear family and friends,                                                                  July 31, 2017

 Recently I was accepted with World Gospel Mission to serve as a Volunteer In Action (VIA) in McAllen, TX on the Texas/Mexico border. As you may know, I spent most of my teenager years serving as a missionary with my parents, Ned and Marlene, in Cuenca, Ecuador. Now, I am beyond excited for the doors that God has opened so far to serve in McAllen in the fall.

For a quick update since Ecuador, I attended and graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University in the winter of 2015 with a degree in Marketing and Spanish. I then started a position in sales at a technology company in Indianapolis, IN, spending a few months learning about the tech and sales life. During that time I was also able to save up and return for a week back to Ecuador to see friends and members of our church for the first time since we left five years prior. That trip reminded me of how much I enjoyed the Spanish language, culture, and people (as well as soccer!) and began this journey of returning to missions that I am on now.

After trying a few different positions and companies around Indianapolis and having nothing working out quite liked I had planned, I decided to look around at mission opportunities related to my two favorite subjects, Spanish and sports. I began looking at mission opportunities that would allow me to do both, and during a volleyball game with missionaries from Texas this past June, I heard about the ideal ministry for me.

In McAllen, Texas, World Gospel Mission has Taylor Christian School, an elementary and middle school, as well as community soccer and basketball leagues with outreach among the Hispanic people. I will be able to come along side the current full time missionaries, coaching youth in the soccer and basketball leagues, teaching Physical Education as well as helping at the school as needed. My goal is to leave as soon as possible, but no later than October of this year, and stay until next fall, serving the full school year in McAllen. I am beyond blessed to find something so perfect for my skill set and to have this chance to serve.

As many of you know, it is impossible for me to do this alone. This is why I would like to invite you to be part of this ministry! As I wrap things up in Indianapolis and transition to move to McAllen, please keep me in your prayers for safe travels, fundraising, and the coaching and (Jordan with a pastor's newborn)

teaching I will be doing within the community.

 Also, please consider becoming a part of the financial team to make this ministry possible by making a contribution toward my expenses. Trusting God to provide the necessary finances is one of the first lessons I learned, and thankfully I have seen first hand how God provides and why I can confidently trust in Him to provide the total expense for my trip of $18,700, which covers travel, housing, and other living expenses.

Please pray with me for this financial need to be met by October of this year. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation online, visit www.wgm.org/jordanmcgrady where you can make a one time or recurring gift to my ministry. If you would prefer to send a check, please send it to Box 948, Marion IN, 46952. Any check made out to World Gospel Mission will receive a tax receipt from WGM.
 
Thank you all so much for your support of myself and my family for so many years. The same mission verse we chose ten years ago as a family on our way to Ecuador, Proverbs 3:5-6, is the same verse I am trusting in fully now; Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight”

 
Would you consider standing with me in this ministry, either through joining my prayer team, or giving to this important outreach?  If you have any questions or want to learn more about the specifics, I would love to explain in more detail!

Blessings,
Jordan McGrady
Cell phone: 517-395-0455
Email: jordanmcgrady92@gmail.com


Address: 6964 Mary Court, Marion IN, 46953
 
___________________________________________________________________________


 

No comments:

Post a Comment