Saturday, January 17, 2015

Jordan's Corner - A special update!

Jordan's Journey

This month in our Champion's Corner we are featuring a letter that Jordan has written concerning his upcoming trip to Spain. Many of you have followed him as he ministered with us and now as he is in his Senior year at IWU he will be going on this business/missions trip.

Dear Friends and Family,

Greetings! I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years with your family and loved ones. As many of you know, I am in my final year at Indiana Wesleyan University in Marion, Indiana, studying Marketing and Spanish. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as a student and loved growing and learning about the field of Business.

Recently, through my university, I have been blessed with the opportunity to spend three weeks in Spain this upcoming May with fifteen fellow students in the business and Spanish programs. We will be traveling around to various businesses throughout Madrid and Barcelona, the largest cities in Spain, while learning about how they operate and run internationally, Our goal is to come along side these businesses and provide ideas, strategic planning, and marketing to help propel them to greater success in the future.

Because of my experience serving with my parents in Costa Rica and Ecuador for three years, I feel that God has uniquely provided me with this opportunity to use my Spanish ability as a translator for the group. I will be able to be the "middle man" between many of the owners, CEO's, and business people who speak Spanish, and translate to English for my classmates and professors. I am so excited about this opportunity to use the abilities that God has blessed me with to turn around and help others in such a tangible way.

Additionally, this trip will count as a business course for my degree and allow me to graduate in December. However, I was told that because this trip is for college credit, it is not tax deductible. Unfortunately, the university tried to find a way around this, but by receiving credit, the government does not allow it to count as a charitable cause for tax purposes.

However, I learned during my years in South America that no matter the classification, God could use anything for His Kingdom. Whether  that is playing soccer with teenagers in Ecuador or translating between business owner's an students in Spain, if God is involved, its missions. So even though our government may not allow it to be classified as a mission trip for tax reasons, I know that God will absolutely use this time to show His love through us to the professional business people we will come across.

Often I am asked what someone can do to help . The simple answer is always to pray. Our team will need prayer for safe travels, positive, encouraging engagement with the Spanish people, and wisdom as we provide business ideas and suggestions to the owners. Additionally any financial support given would be a blessing and greatly appreciated.

I truly feel that God ahs opened up this opportunity for me to help others through my growing knowledge of business and Spanish, and I believe that He will provide everything needed to make this happen through the love and support of people like you.

If you feel led to donate, please send a check to Jordan McGrady 6964 Mary Court, Marion, IN 46953

Additionally there is an option to give on line at gofund.me/mcgradyspaintrip

Thank you all for your support of my Family and myself over the years! God Bless!

Jordan McGrady
517-395-0455
Jordan.mcgrady@myemail.indwes.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment